Thursday, November 3, 2011

A year of Growth

This year I have completely changed.

In a good way. I feel I am becoming closer to the person I've always wanted to be.

I am working on my relationships. My relationship with  my parents, my husband, and my close friend. I do not feel like the dynamic of these relationships has changed at all, but the way I treat them and appreciate them has...

This year I was nearly struck by a gravel truck on the freeway, the only thing that saved me was the grace of God. I believe that. I found myself in the hospital with incredible abdominal pain, that has yet to be explained. My husband and I lost  a dear friend, the man who married us. And my best friend was diagnosed with  and has battled breast cancer. These things have made me take a step back and look at life and how fragile it really is.

I am working on my confidence. I have not always been a bubbly, outgoing person. Growing up, I was extremely quiet and shy. I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve and sometimes get taken advantage of.  I  take a conscious effort to step outside of my shell when I find myself in a new situation, with people I do not know. I've always admired people who can strike up a conversation with anyone and intrigue others with their stories.

Creating my YouTube channel was a big step for me in the direction of creating my own confidence. It is also a creative outlet for me. Getting to share what I am passionate about, and just being myself with friends who accept my silliness and uniqueness. Thank you for that. Thank you for helping me along this self journey.

2 comments:

  1. You've been through a lot this year. I remember when I lost my friend in a car accident for the longest time every time a loved one would leave the house I'd hug them really tight and tell them I loved them because I was honestly scared that they wouldn't come back. Stuff like that really shakes you up. It's good that you're using it to appreciate those in your life!

    Your description of yourself is pretty much me. I also get taken advantage of and it started to make me kind of bitter. We shouldn't let it! I'm pushing myself and reminding myself that as Dr. Seuss said "Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter."

    You are a beautiful person inside and out, with a beautiful sense of fashion. Hang in there girl, you're not alone! Everything is an opportunity to grow and learn. Keep the videos coming, your videos appreciate you just as much <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post! so honest!
    I'm working on my relationships too trying to appreciate my dear ones more. but the hardest thing so far is to appreciate me!
    I'm still workin on feelin comfortable in my own skin!

    ReplyDelete